T his stamp set is perfect to design a colorful and magical step card. There is a bit of fussy cutting needed to do this card but the end result is well worth the effort! The card image was made with a step card die that a friend of mine gave me but I have included instructions on how to make this card without a die. The cut sizes are for a step card made without the die. Hope you will try this one out! It was so much fun to do!
Cut instructions: DSP = Designer Series Paper
Card Base: Just Jade - 5 1/2 x 8 1/2
Layer 1 – Whale of a Time DSP – 1 1/8 x 2 5/8
Layer 2 – Whale of a Time DSP – 1 x 2 5/8
Layer 3 – Whale of a Time DSP – 1 ¾ x 2 5/8
Layer 4 – Whale of a Time DSP – 2 5/8 x 4 1/8
Layer 5 – Whale of a Time DSP – 2 5/8 x 4 1/8
Layer 6 – Whisper White – 2 1/8 x 2 5/8
Layer 7 – Whisper White – 4 x 5 ¼
& Blackberry Bliss 2 ½ x 2 ½
Layer 8 – Pacific Point – 2 x 2
Layer 9 – Whisper White – 2 x 5 ½
Card Base: Place Card base into cutter with 5 ½ width at top move to 2 ¾ and do a small guide cut in the center of the sheet. (Note: do not make this cut to long)
Then turn so that the 8 ½ width is at the top and score as follows:
1 1/4, 2”, 3 1/8 and 6 1/8 all to the center guide cut.
4 ¼ all the way across.
Then turn back with the 5 ½ width at top and finish your guide cut so that it runs from the top score line to the bottom score line.
2. Layer 1 – Adhere to card base, right side front of first step. (Note: when card is laid flat the first section bottom right is the front of the first step)
3. Layer 2 – Skip a section then adhere to the card base on the second step on the right.
4. Layer 3 – Skip a section then adhere to the card base on the third step on the right.
5. Layer 4 – Adhere to the card base on the front left side.
6. Layer 5 – Adhere to the card base on the back right side.
7. Layer 6 – Adhere to the card base on the back left side.
8. Layer 7 – You will be stamping several images on this sheet so make sure to leave space between each one.
Stamp the whale and Turtle in Blackberry Bliss.
Stamp a Large Seaweed in Granny Apple Green, Just Jade and Pool Party (total of 3).
Stamp three small sea weeds one of each in Granny Apple Green, Just Jade and Pool Party.
Stamp the Coral in Calypso Coral (2) and BumbleBee (1).
Stamp three Sea horses in Pacific Point.
Cut away the Whale from the sheet and punch out with Whale punch.
Then Fussy cut all the other images.
Punch out another Whale from the Blackberry Bliss piece then adhere the stamped Whale to this piece.
Adhere all the cut out pieces to card as desired. (Note anything that goes above the back step will be seen from the back of the card this is why I backed the Whale)
9. Layer 8 - Cut out with a scalloped circle from the Layering Circle Dies.
Then adhere to the top of the card front on the left side.
10. Layer 9 – Stamp the two sentiments in Pacific Point then fussy cut out and adhere to the card front as shown.
11. Apply 3 of the Whale of a time sequins below the sentiment circle.